Tuesday, April 20, 2010

ch-4

“When are you planing to start your work?”
The voice of Geetika cut into my thoughts. She was our senior, a supervisor from the head office. She was 6 years younger to me but 4 posts my senior. She turned in 3 times as much I did. I really did hate my life. Getting into her bad books will be like igniting one’s own funeral pyre. And I had just done that.
“Mam, I was going through my letter-“
“I will make the head office send you a letter instead if you don’t finish this month’s work before the deadline. I have had kept an eye on you for a while now. Your ledgers seem to be piling up rather than finishing. This month’s performance will determine your future in this company. Surely you have no intentions of getting fired, do you?”
Why does she have to be so arrogant? I hate her as much as I hate to mam her. She seemed to be keeping an eye only on me. As though I had done her some harm in the past and she was taking that revenge.
“Sorry, mam. It wouldn’t happen again.”
“If it doesn’t, it’s for your own good.”
She drifts off to her office room.
After she went, I had a coffee break. I thought if I wouldn’t, I will smash all the computers. I was that much angry. Then my thoughts got diverted to that stupid letter and I thought again…. What if it was true? I would have surely given up this shitty job and that totally shitty house of mine. I would buy this company and make her work like an ass and keep on giving her demotions and suspensions. I will force her to make coffee for me and humiliate her in front of everybody. These thoughts gave me such a great feeling that I had a smile on my face as I went back to my cubicle and started to work on the never ending ledgers. I even forced myself to work more than ever for it was too risky to sacrifice my job and my future….

No comments:

Post a Comment