Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Ch-22
Our conversation abruptly ended in a series of running and chasing. He had a better knowledge of the places and i was finding it hard to keep up with him. While chasing him, i was thinking about my new found friend... He is the coolest guy i can ever find in a village like this... He is humorous, playful, naughty and has a bit in his head too. So with all my heart, i thanked all the gods in heaven for atlast, my unyielding quest for a friend has brought forth fruit, that too the sweetest, juiciest and the best of its lot. I was running short of breath and so, i stopped. He was no where in sight. Doesn't he get tired too? I was drenched with sweat. And i really was in need of water... We had run away from the river, into the forest. The forest was not that thick yet, but still it was thick. And dark.
I looked at my watch: 3pm. O boy! Had it been Delhi, 3pm meant 'stay indoors to avoid sun strokes'. Here, it's getting so dark, that it's giving me the creeps. Then suddenly i was hit by the naked truth: It's going to rain. Flashes of lightening accompanied with angry scowls of thunder verified my suspicion and magnified my fear, helplessness and desperation. I didn't know the way back home. It had started drizzling and i momentarily forgot my fear and tensions to enjoy the scenery. The trees were silently standing still; letting the raindrops hit them. The leaves were going up and down with the force of the drops on them. And the smell of the wet earth...!! How soothing to the nerves... The whole forest was silent.... As though it too had got carried away….. . I didn’t notice him come from my back and he caught me by surprise he had a menacing look on his face and a naughty smile was playing on his lips.... I looked into his eyes. There was a glimmer of naughtiness in his eyes. He was trying to embrace me. But I was resisting him... I yelled I kicked but as though with grips of iron he didn't let me go but all the while just kept staring at me from head to toe... I felt his gazes pierce into my skin, his eyes boring deep beneath my clothes as though he could see beneath my clothes. He was hurting my arms... I could feel his hot breath against my checks. He was so very close to me. It was like those scenes in the movies where the villain forces himself on the heroin... but there is always a hero to save her... but in my story I don’t have any hero... I should not have listened to my mom when she said that boyfriends are bad... just then something struck us both... it was a sharp shrill voice... he was getting scared and I saw the colour draining from his face.... I saw death lurking in his eyes and I was glad I didn't too see it for it was at my back. Otherwise, I would not have lived to write this story..... It was a hair-raising experience and the hair at my back was all in a 90-degree angle.... His grips on my hands kept loosing and soon I was free......

No comments:

Post a Comment