Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Ch-21
We went to a spot with ample sunshine and a cool breeze, near to the river. The river was beautiful though a closer look sent chills down my spine. A number of whirlpools and the water current so fast... Instant death is assured if anyone falls into it... The person will be torn into pieces by the currents. Also, the water was too high.... Almost near to being spilled all over... In the distance was a rocking bridge. The foot of the bridge was being attacked by the merciless currents and it was so near to falling down and being strewn into bits of wood. He followed my gaze and laughed.
"It's an old women. It will fall"
"Why? Is it that old?"
"Yep. Very. It's as old as granma. Yesterday, it was hit by a lightening... Didn't catch fire, though."
"You sound disappointed!"
"It's good if it falls... Otherwise, some crack person will walk through and that will be his end."
"You do talk sense. By the way, thanks once again."
"It's my pleasure... You know, granma was having such a frightened look on her face when I brought you home, I thought I did something wrong.... Then I understood it was plain worry... and ya, fear."
"I don't really remember rolling down a slope....."
"O boy! I was so frightened.... I mean I had never seen such amount of blood on any person... Your whole hand was drenched with blood... And your head was hit at a number of places too... What a sight your were! Had it been evening, I would not have even taken you home... Granma says there are ghosts down here......"
"You believe in all that crap?"
"One has to when one has to live here..."
"What do you mean?"
"I mean, the house we live in, its haunted...."
"Are you trying to scare me...???"
"No, not at all. I am telling you only what i am sure of..."
"You are telling me there are ghosts in the house i was just now in.... For god's sake! Don't you guys ever get tired of pulling our legs???"
"Ha! ha! Too much of talking... Anyway, you are here for the next 3-4 days...."
"Hey, what do you mean by 'Anyway, you are here for the next 3-4 days'? Do you have any crazy plans up your sleeve???"
"No, not really. Now that you have furnished me with such a great idea..... It will be too pathetic if i don't try it... What do you think??"
"Hey! Better you watch out.... Or else..."
"Or else 'i will run away screaming....' Hi! hi! hi! hi!"
"Hey you there! Let's see who’s gonna run away screaming...."
"Man! Please save me..... Someone please save me from this ghost...."

No comments:

Post a Comment