Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Ch-16
I was on a bed and the stooping figure of Amna was holding my hand. She told me that it was the third day of me being in bed and that this was her home. I was shocked, scared silly and was angry for i found none of my relatives there. So i enquired:
"Amma, koi ghar se nahi aaya?"
"Beta, teen din se lagatar barish ho rahi hai. Tumara ghar nadi ke us par hai aur nadi ka pani bahut jyada upar ut gaya hai. Shayad isliye koi abhi tak aaya nahi hoga...."
My eyes were totally open and i was staring at her.
Is she trying to tell me that my family members are so helpless? And this, that i am trapped here? I don't think a simple rain would stop my mom from finding me out. And didn't they know that i was gone before the rains began? Weren't they supposed to come looking for me? And of all places, what am i doing here? I don't remember crossing any river.... That figure...which carried me.. It can't be Amna.. Then who was it? I was too tired... And then my chain of thoughts stopped abruptly, got derailed and that vacant place was encroached by deep peace, calm and comfort, of which, the true sleep is the only provider....

No comments:

Post a Comment