Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Ch-15
When i opened my eyes, my condition was very much better, the headache was loosing its grip on me, but my stomach was like an angry mob. As though, there was a whole lot of a settlement of a people living there and they were all hungry!!! And my throat was dry like a desert and my vision was still blurry-blurry. Still, i was rather reassured of a loving presence nearby...
"Beta Parvati?"
It was Amna.
"Pani..."
She instantly brought water, for i found water, cool and pleasing, leaving a faint coolness down my throat, tracing its path into my vacuum-cleaned stomach, devoid of anything at all, let alone air. And the angry mob of the settlements jumped on that water and i was hit by a violent thunder of a stomach ache. And my whole body rattled in coordination with the pain, inviting a new course of tears, which instantly began to flow past my eyes, down my cheeks, stopping a while at my dry lips and then flowing past it, almost tickling me in the process...
"Beta utho!"
"Dard ho raha hai..."
My dry lips were refusing to be moved and i felt the skin crack. I was true, for soon i tasted some sticky thick liquid on my lips...
"Lo aur pani piyo..."
Again the ecstasy of the cool water.. The numbness and the pleasure.... I was almost asleep, had i not been racked by another series of pain originating from my stomach....

No comments:

Post a Comment