Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Ch-17
How long I slept, god alone knows... And by the way what had happened to me? Was it sunstroke? Or anything like that? These won't be powerful enough to make me feel sleepy and give me excruciating pain for three long days.... I was rudely kicked out of my thoughts by a thunder, which literally sent lightening down my spine... The fact was that the whole place was totally dark and the flash of thunder highlighted the invisible objects, giving them frightening detailing, with the naughty shadows playing its trick on me...
I was pissed off like hell.... The next flash and I literally jumped out of the bed.... My body was all red- the danger signal was almost visible..... I was shaking wildly and my breath was a very hard and labored one... All the hair on my body was rising and I think I must have been reeking like shit coz of fear.... Anyway, I composed myself telling myself that Amna would be- must be nearby.... Another shot of lightening and my scream was almost drowned in the racket of the raindrops hammering on the roof.... The voice level was untollerable and my fear was inescapable..... Then the next lightening caused a tree to catch fire and it was a ‘momentary relief’ after the life taking, breath-stopping thunder..... I say 'momentary' coz though it had lit up my room, the rude shock, the real shock was that there indeed was someone there, standing all the while staring at me... It is not Amna.... Then who? The merciless rain extinguished my only torch and here was I- left in an unknown place, in the dead of night, and a hell lot of lightening and thunder- making sure you do die- all this with the hammering of the rains which was ransacking my brain and driving me crazy and lo! And behold! We have a stranger to join the racket.... And ye I can't see a thing around here.... It's all dark- the only saving grace? The momentary streak of lightening!! Should I be happy or get more frightened....... GOD ALONE REALLY SEEMS TO KNOW EVERYTHING AROUND HERE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment