Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Ch-19
The next day was a hell lot sunny and I found myself in a totally alien bed. The sunrays penetrating through the window forced my eyes open and I woke up with a scowl drawn largely on my face. The weather was a hell lot sunny and I felt damn good after all the frightening experience of the night. My face had the dried remains of yesterday’s tears and I was really awake and totally refreshed- first time in four days. So, soaking in as much energy as I can from the sun, I got up with a new determination and full of optimism. I stepped out of the room. I found to my surprise, that it was a big house, with three huge rooms with wooden beds, a small room with a soft cushy bed (that's were I was sleeping), a huge kitchen, a dining room and a front sitting room. My room had two-three suitcases and a number of schoolbooks and magazines strewn on the study table. Outside the house was a young boy (almost my age) walking beside Amna. He was helping her carry a bunch of sticks and a number of bright green leaves. From his looks and attire (dark blue jeans till the knees, with a white T-shirt and a beach hat) I deduced he must be city bred. First time in days was I seeing someone of my type and my heart leapt out with joy. Today was a real good day. I was impatient to be introduced to him. Unknowingly, lost in my thoughts, I had plastered a broad grin on my face and was staring continuously at him and he was blushing like a beetroot. Thankfully, Amna didn't notice. When I came out of my thoughts, I stopped smiling and as though he understood, he burst out laughing. Now it was my turn to blush and my cheeks were instantly on fire. Amna was too preoccupied to notice. She almost shoved past me into the hut and I again was reminded of her weak eyesight. I called out her name and she was for a brief moment transfixed. Then she, much elated clasped my hands and wept, saying, "You got well! Atlast! How tensed I was about you!!!” I was totally swept away in pure gratitude by her strong emotions for me. How concerned she really was! I silently blessed her. Then, she made me sit and asked a number of questions, ranging from "how's your stomach ache?” to "Are you feeling kind of dizzy?” After this long cross-examination, she got up and announced, much to my hungry stomach's delight, "It's time for breakfast!” I devoured in as much as I can and throughout the brunch (it was 11am) that guy was looking at the me, staring at the amount I was eating and was giggling to himself. Infact, his gazes made me a bit conscious about how much I was eating. Well, I didn't really care for I was really really hungry. After the brunch, I will question her.... I had a couple of bunches of questions too. And I wanted only answers....

No comments:

Post a Comment